Sunday, October 18, 2009

Late Night Bread Baking

As soon as there is a chill in the air, we start baking and making our home cozy. I have always done this and now my girls are following suit. We borrowed some homemaking videos from a friend and learned a new way of making bread. After all, what can make your home feel any cozier than smelling the sweet aroma of bread baking in the oven?

Well, we should have watched the entire video FIRST (Come on! Everyone knows to read through the WHOLE recipe before starting, right??) because THIS special bread took FOREVER to make...FOREVER! I mean who has ever heard of a bread recipe where the bread has to rise 3 times?? I mean really...3 TIMES!! To make matters worse, we started at 8PM.  Finally, when it was midnight, I sent the girls to bed and told them I would stay up and finish the job. I won't tell you what time I got into bed that night but any tiredness on my part was worth it when I saw the joy and excitement in the girls eyes when they saw their own special loaves all cooled and ready to taste.


Starting the process...













Putting the bread into the oven to rise AGAIN!



Sleepy ~ Happy Bakers


1 comment:

allie :^) said...

another awesome post! i love baking w/ my kiddos!!!! love, love, love it...again! ;)