Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Becoming a Homemaker

Celebrating the girls cookin' with a picnic in the den.

When Tiffany found out Hannah was cooking again she wanted to join in the fun. She decided to make sweet tea to go with our yummy dinner. I told her to pose with her achievement and this is what she did...gotta love her spunk!



One of Hannah's goals for this year is to learn how to cook. She makes the same casserole every Wed. night for a month. (Casseroles are great because she only needs to add a salad and she's made a complete meal). By the time she's cooked it four times she really KNOWS how to make it. She chooses her own casseroles and I help her the first time, then she cooks it by herself the other weeks. This month she chose to make a Mexican Casserole. Last week was her first time to make it. She was so proud of herself that she kept asking all of us if we liked it. It was good, but a little bit runny. When we were about half way done eating Hannah said, "Ya know mom, I can't even taste the rice." All of a sudden we looked at each other and started cracking up...we had forgotten to add the rice!! Once the rice was added, it wasn't runny anymore and tasted even better. It really WAS good too! Liberty ate hers so fast we were laughing at her! :0) O' the blessings of raising young ladies...I just love it!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Rose said...

I can teach Hannah how to cook really good food. Call me........

Marney said...

What a great idea! I wish my love for cooking had come when I was her age.... better late than never, right?? ;)