Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Consualte Appointment Tomorrow...!



We’ve come to enjoy the Starbucks after dinner. They seem to be the only establishment on the island with a changing table for Liberty. Hannah’s reading “Somewhere in China a Mother Remembers”, to us. A book we got at the “Gift From China” charity store. It’s an impressive local store with local knick-knacks, jewelry, books, photos, etc. of China’s culture. They donate all profits to China’s orphans, and you can order from them direct on the web at www.agiftfromchina.co.uk. Check it out! It’s not half as cheap as the other stores around here but it’s a great cause.The GREAT NEWS today is all paperwork has been approved and we’re looking forward to taking our oath at the US consulate tomorrow afternoon. We’ve pretty much have been killing time soaking up (literally, it’s been raining all week) the local rituals shopping and hitting the pearl market today. For those who’ve been through this experience, we did take our pictures today on the famous red couch here at the White Swan.

Liberty is still doing great. We found out her name, “Shan Hu” means coral, so we bought her a little coral necklace at the market today. She LOVES it and wears it ever so proudly! She seems to love clothes and jewelry…a real girly girl! Chad bent down to give her a kiss after giving her the necklace and she clocked him right across the face! He wasn’t too upset because he wants to make sure she doesn’t kiss boys anytime soon! She is quite the feisty child!

BTW~we’ve noticed all the comments from you all, but unfortunately, we’re still only able to post on the blog. We can’t access it directly or read it ourselves, but THANKS all the same for your cares, concerns, and mostly your prayers…We’re looking forward to reading them when we get home!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Chad and Kristy,
This is Glenn. I ran into Angela Halan at North Point on Sunday and met her new husband and baby. She told me what you guys were up to and gave me the blog information. Fantastic to see you guys adopting a child. I think it is terrific. I looked at a lot of the pictures and it looks like you guys are having a blast. I wish you all of God's best and will touch base with you again sometime soon. If you wouldn't mind sending me your email address again I would appreciate it. I lost my job 3 weeks ago and didn't get all of my emails stored at work copied over to home. I will be praying for your safe travels home on Thursday. God bless you all and especially Liberty as she adjusts to her new life and you all adjust to her.

Don and Tami said...

Love the red couch pictures. Just a few more days, hang in there. You will be sleeping in your own bed soon.
love, Tami

reb said...

I can help but smile at how happy she is with you all.
We are attending VBS at the Luthern church where your co-orp
meets.
It made Rene miss the girls more cause you guys braught her there once.
We are counting down to your safe return on Friday.
Oh, one more thing I thought I'd mention to you guys this is really funny.
Zach said mom we need to make sure Liberty meets us soon because when she gets to Murrieta she's only going to see white faces and thinks no other Chinese ezist around her. I thought that was so funny. I told him not to worry that we will see her alot since is summer for us.