Monday, June 16, 2008

VISA Applications in Guangzhou!


Hi Everyone!

We’re here in Guangzhou. We arrived on Saturday. The flight here was pretty easy. All three girls are great travelers. Liberty did fine and didn’t cry at all (We’ll see if we’re as blessed on the LONG flight home!).

Father’s Day was very special for us. Chad took Hannah and Tiffany swimming all afternoon . The pool is beautiful here at the White Swan. I stayed here in the hotel so Liberty could take a nap.

Liberty is still doing great (right now she’s walking around with Tiff’s underwear on her head). She has had a few major tantrums (She actually drew blood from Chad by scratching his nose), but we’re learning what seems to set her off. She is VERY independent and wants to do things herself. She is also NOT a morning person which Tiffany and I can certainly relate to!

She was very attached to me up until a few days ago, but she has a great sense of humor like her daddy, so now she’s liking him too. They laugh and act silly together all the time. So much so that’s its actually embarrassing Hannah and Tiffany when we’re out in public! HA! Last night at a restaurant Hannah actually hid under the table because she was SO embarrassed !

We went and applied for Liberty’s VISA, and had her physical today. She cried and fought but did a lot better than our last trip last week to the hospital. It turns out that Tiffany has an ear infection so I’m glad I caught it before the flight home.


We know there will be issues when we get home, but she’s so happy and easy going that it’s hard to imagine what will be difficult for her. EXCEPT for the dogs! WHENEVER we’ve seen animals out in public, she gets away from them as fast as she can and makes horrible faces.

Even though we have had a good time we are VERY homesick and ready to get home. Thanks to all of you who have asked about meeting us at the airport on Thursday but our flight isn’t expected to land until 6PM, and by the time we clear customs we won’t be leaving the airport until around 8PM. We should be back in Temecula by 10:00PM and wide awake, so if you feel like stopping by to say ‘Hi” and meet Liberty, c’mon over and save the drive to LA. I DO think that Liberty will be fine with company and anxious to meet all of you…( She’s as outgoing as we are).

Bye-Bye for now...Go Tiger!

7 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

Your blog is inspirational! Robyn at Confirmo gave me you site. We are new at FBC. We can't wait to meet Liberty. We are trying to adopt from Ukraine right now. I love reading about happy endings. I cry everytime I hear your song "Mighty to Save". It is a reminder to me that He can move the mountains. Adoption is a mountain and He can move that too. He is Mighty isn't HE!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful girls. Love the new threads!!! Glory and praise to God for creating our families!! Love you all.
Teresa, Nevil, Blake and Nathaniel

Reilly Fitzpatrick said...

Sweet Liberty,
we heard that you are a little nervous about animals. we wanted to reassure you that we are very friendly and gentle. and we can't wait to meet you--and get rid of this other tyrant, i mean little kid, who is definitely NOT intimidated by dogs! maybe when you get home, then we can enjoy some peace and quiet! we'll give you plenty of space and time to get used to us. whew!we miss you all lots. triple face-licks to hannah and tiffany! tail-wags, reagan and lincoln (your faithful dogs)

Mandy said...

I wish I could just stop by to welcome you home. I do miss living near you. This blog has been awesome. Please keep it going when you get home. It has been such an inspiration. I feel like it has kept me up to date with your life. I love seeing pictures of you, Chad and the girls. Joshua has decided that Tiffany is his favorite and he told me he wants to see her. Tell Tiffany Joshua will be 5 in July. That is only 3 years younger. Who knows we might have a love connection like the ET movie that crazy summer. What is funny is Joshua was looking over my shoulder and he decided that girl with the glasses is the one he loves. He has not ever done that before. Interesting......
I am still praying for you all....

Love and Blessings,
Mandy

Marney said...

I love the new post! I, too, hope you keep the blog going when you're here. It's such a fun way to keep everyone connected. We sure are looking forward to meeting Liberty! We think we'll let you settle in a bit, though, first. :) Can't wait!!
God bless you all!!
Marney and family

Roman Studio said...

BUMMER!!! WE had big plans for the airport but totally understand. when Eddie traveled to Africa alot I use to have to wait forever for him to exit customs. I finally started showing up an hour late, until one time he met me when I walked through the door of the terminal. Whoops! Hehe. We are so glad that everything is going great. She sounds like alot of fun. Can't wait for her and Daniel to be friends. Talk to you soon. Yeah!!!
The Romans

reb said...

The blog has been wonderful.
Liberty just fits perfectly in all your arms.
Zach, Rene and Brandon misses you all and can't wait to welcome Liberty here in the States.

Love you!

The Kums