Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Wood Family Back Home

Well, we've been home for a week now and Liberty is adjusting amazingly. We honestly can't believe it! Everyday we're seeing new aspects of her personality. I think she's surprising herself too. She has the funniest sense of humor! She loves the pool and when we went to the lake on Thursday night and she loved it too! She even wanted to go into the ski-tube! We were shocked! She is still adjusting to the dogs but she pets them and talks to them....reluctantly.

Chad and I have been the most amazed at how awesome God's family has been. When we returned home we were overtaken by people wanting to love and help us. Our friends in the South Bay made signs,hung balloons, and bought us all kinds of goodies, including matching outfits for the three girls ( you know how much I love that!) They also washed our car and filled it with gas for our ride home.When we arrived home the house was spotless, the fridge and pantry were full, the yard was mowed, signs were hung, and fresh flowers were all around and my candles were lit. Since we've returned home the food hasn't stopped coming and our friends have been coming over to meet Liberty and love on the girls. We are so blessed and we talk about it everyday.

Here are some of our recent photos. The first few are from our " jet lag days." Hannah kept saying she wasn't tired but I soon found her passed out in the coat closet with her legs wrapped around the vaccum cleaner! Everyone in this house was passing out all over the place for the first 3 days. Everyone except me!


I'll try to be better about blogging now that we're on some sort of a schedule...


4 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

I really want to meet you and your family. I looked for you at church on Sunday. I don't know if you were there our not. Congratulations on being home!

DreamTeam bloggers said...

Hi Kevin & Pam,we'll look for you this Sunday 7/6...we've had a Deacon's pass on attending services so we could get Libby better assimilated into life here in Temecula at the Wood home. Which service are you attending? Thanks for reaching out, and we'll look forward to meeting you guys. Be Blessed !

Elizabeth Rose said...

I love the pictures...the ones of your family sound asleep just anywhere because of jet lag cracks me up. I am so glad you are home and adjusting back to the normal life with one extra in your quiver. We love your family. Kel

Shar said...

Kristy, Congratulations! I am so happy that Libby is finally here. We'll look forward to seeing her and all the family at church.